Associate Program Consultant (National Post).
Job title: Associate Program Consultant (National Post).
Type of Contract: Individual Consultant (IC)
Closing Date: June 23, 2022
Duty station: Bentiu, South Sudan
Purpose of advice:
UNFPA has always advocated for a focus on the humanitarian agenda in South Sudan. In this context, UNFPA is not only focusing on life-saving treatment and care, but also on front-line responses to newly displaced people with survival kits that answer the call to maintain human dignity in the event of crisis. After the emergence of the crisis in South Sudan, the UN adopted a decentralized approach on the opening of operational centers in order to have a wider coverage of humanitarian assistance to the affected population. UNFPA is among the United Nations agencies working to strengthen its presence in operational centers in the region with a view to improving coordinated humanitarian assistance to newly displaced IDPs fleeing front lines amid the spread ground fighting and flooding. To strengthen UNFPA’s presence in regional hubs and improve coordinated humanitarian assistance.
The Unity State Field Center is one of the field centers implementing UNFPA program activities in integrated SRH, HIV and GBV interventions. UNFPA is currently supporting the coordination of GBV and SRH, the provision of integrated GBV, maternity, HIV and family planning services by supporting the operation of reproductive health clinics, friendly spaces for women and girls, mobile and outreach clinics in hard-to-reach areas. However, the current humanitarian situation has been further aggravated by flooding and sub-national violence in many counties in Unity State, requiring emergency programming and a functioning office with staff to meet SRH needs. and GBV, including service delivery for the affected population.
With the above narrative, UNFPA is seeking to recruit a Program Associate based in Unity State to assist with office administrative duties and support humanitarian structures and responses.
The objective of the consultancy is to recruit a national consultant to support and play an instrumental role in facilitating the implementation, design, planning and management of the program and project, in the areas of SRH and GBV. He/She will support the coordination, implementation, monitoring and reporting of UNFPA’s program in the Greater Unity region. The incumbent will work closely with relevant government authorities, members and partners, as well as other sister UN agencies to ensure better coordinated delivery of GBV and SRH services to vulnerable groups among affected populations by the conflict.
- Support the evaluation of project and program activities, establish means to assess achievements and recommend corrective actions as needed; conduct field visits; participate in review meetings and assessment missions and prepare regular inputs to status and progress reports.
- Provide logistical support to projects by coordinating project-related meetings, workshops and events.
- Assist in the organization and conduct of public information events, special events, celebrations, including the preparation of background materials relevant to these events
- Help sensitize implementing partners as well as community leaders to improve reproductive health and GBV service delivery, including safe motherhood, including post-abortion care, family planning, sexually transmitted infections /HIV, sexual and gender-based violence.
- Support the delivery of quarterly briefings to local leaders on UNFPA implementation while maintaining clear and regular communication with local governments in coverage areas.
- Support to facilitate improved service delivery, information and visibility of UNFPA in humanitarian work.
- Attend and actively participate in the various coordination meetings at the field level as required.
- Participate in response missions, protection assessments and monitoring in accordance with WHO ethical and safety recommendations for researching, documenting and monitoring sexual violence in emergencies
- Support GBV and RH coordination mechanisms on site and strengthen links with national coordination in Juba.
- Contribute to the production of IEC materials, including the quarterly newsletter.
- Contribute to readiness reports to include but not limited to weekly, monthly and donor reports
- Perform any other duties that may be required by the supervisor and UNFPA.
The consultant must submit a complete final report at the end of the consultation period with handover notes of pending activities for follow-up End of assignment report.
The consultant will be hired for a period of 6 months, and he/she will be able to submit monthly reports on achievements will be submitted to the Field Program Coordinator for onward submission to the Humanitarian Coordinator electronically no later than every 25 days of each month during homework.
The consultant will be under the general supervision of the Humanitarian Coordinator, and he/she will report directly to the Field Program Coordinator of the Unity State Field Center.
Expertise, qualifications and skills required, including language requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree with 4 years of experience.
- At least 7 years of progressive work experience in the national program is required.
- Previous experience in program management is an asset.
- Previous experience in development organizations is preferred.
- Good verbal, oral and written coordination and communication skills with the ability to network with partners and stakeholders is an asset.
- Proficiency in a computer software application with the company’s computer system is preferred.
- Fluent written and spoken English, knowledge of Arabic will be an asset.
How to register
Please send your application and a short cover letter with “Program Associate – National ConsultantIn the subject line of the email from UNFPA South Sudan, [email protected] before close of business (COB) on June 23, 2022