Bishop Sr Software Services – Innovations
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united to provide the best experience to our customers.
As the Software Services Manager Sr. within PNC’s C&IB Innovations organization, this may be a remote position and may sit anywhere within the PNC footprint except from Colorado, Hawaii or Alaska. There are low expectations for regular in-person activities at the office.
As a member of the C&IB Technical Innovation team, the candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Provide thought leadership to team and business partners.
• Design innovative financial and health solutions.
• Makes pragmatic decisions as a leader and constantly evolves solutions to meet business needs.
• Contributes to the creation of business and technology roadmaps.
• Works with business owner and other business partners to develop innovation solutions, pilot and launch strategic activities.
• Analyzes market and competition data, supports business requirements gathering, business case and ROI analysis.
• Work in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team to deliver the expected results.
• Leverage technical expertise to contribute to concept development and execution.
• Actively participate in group and business innovation processes, including leading efforts to integrate technical expertise into processes, as appropriate. Work with departments and teams across the company to establish best practices for innovation processes, reliable concept transfer, and integrated project plans for utilizing expertise, information, and functionality .
• Work collaboratively with business stakeholders to integrate innovation concepts into the business and ensure successful implementation and delivery.
• Foster a culture of innovation and learning within the team and throughout the organization.
• Possess in-depth knowledge of multiple applications and function as the ultimate expert for application requirements in concept development.
• Provide expert-level leadership and development solutions for the implementation of ideas from inception through the software development lifecycle
• Lead teams that may include peer-level professionals, specialist technicians, contractors, and employees of web and other advanced technologies including blockchain and machine learning/AI
• Engage in collaborative sessions with other team members to integrate technical development into concept development processes and workflows.
• Continuously monitor the “technical developer space” to identify new technical trends, techniques, tools, etc.
The following experience is preferred:
• Experience with design thinking or other innovation frameworks
• Experience with start-ups and incubators
- Manages multiple development projects, development groups and/or application support functions for a major business segment.
- Oversees the development and implementation of multiple and complex organization-wide systems.
- Allocates and ensures the organization of resources during the application development lifecycle.
- Maintain relationships with customers to ensure quality implementation of application systems.
- Provides solutions or recommendations on complex technology issues for application development and implementation.
PNC employees are proud of our reputation and we expect our employees to be:
- Customer focused – Know the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage this information to create customized customer solutions.
- Risk management – Evaluate and effectively manage all risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC’s enterprise risk management framework.
PNC also has fundamental expectations of our managers. As a Talent Manager at PNC, you will:
- Intentionally include – Cultivates diverse teams and inclusive workplaces to broaden thinking.
- Live the values – Models of our values with transparency and courage.
- Enable Change – Takes action to drive change and innovation that will transform our business.
- Achieve results – Takes personal ownership of achieving results. Empowers and trusts others in decision making.
- develop the best – Raises the bar with every talent decision and guides the success of all employees and clients.
Application Delivery Process – Knowledge of core tasks, deliverables, and formal application delivery methodologies; ability to use them to provide new or improved applications.
Application Development Tools – Knowledge and ability to use a variety of specific tools and toolkits for application development and support.
IT environment – Knowledge of an organization’s IT objectives, activities and standards; ability to create an efficient IT environment for business operations.
Roles at this level generally require a university/college degree. Higher education such as a master’s, doctorate, or certifications is desirable. Relevant industry experience is typically 8+ years. At least 5 years of prior management experience is generally required. Proven leadership experience with a moderate to broad scope of responsibility is required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Additional job description
Base salary: Based on skills and experience.
PNC offers its employees a full range of benefits to meet your current and future needs. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a health savings account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spousal/children’s life insurance; short-term and long-term disability protection; maternity leave and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absences; 401(k), retirement and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; supportive care for children/elderly; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a strong wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New on PNC.
Disability accommodation statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and responsive to individual needs. If you have a physical or other disability that may require accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or the application process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruitment or contact email us at [email protected]
Hours of operation for the Human Resources Service Center are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals regardless of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, veteran status or other categories protected by law.
Refer to California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to understand how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in connection with our employment practices.