Developer / Consultant (JHB) at Parvana Recruitment
- Our client is looking to add a highly qualified graduate, with at least a masters degree, but our client will prefer a PhD.
- Due to the continued growth of the business, our client is now looking to recruit more.
- Consultants to assist clients in the implementation of new and existing programs.
- The work is varied but usually involves some form of knowledge transfer to help a client create early applications and customize existing applications.
- All consultants work with clients on-site to install software, create sample solutions, train client staff (and their external consultants if applicable), and help clients build early applications.
- You will need to have significant experience in the computer industry.
- Many of their existing consultants had become very technically proficient over the course of their careers and had reached leadership or project management positions, but found it to be less rewarding than technical work.
- This opportunity is ideal for the gifted who feel frustrated or left out in their current career path.
- The emphasis is on technical skills, self-motivation, curiosity and experience rather than detailed knowledge in a specific area.
- Any new hire will be fully trained in the company’s products and will gain skills through mentorship.
- The candidate should be based in Boston in the United States for a period of one year as an internal consultant to gain experience before returning to South Africa as an external consultant.
- All consultants should have excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- To achieve the greatest financial reward, consultants should be able to participate in both pre-sales and after-sales activities.
- These consultants would have some experience and skill in scoping, estimating, entering requirements, project management and presentation.
- They would also have a polite and professional approach to communications with customers and prospects.
- All consultants must be fluent in English. Other languages, especially Afrikaans, would be beneficial.