Do you want to become a cybersecurity consultant? Here is!
Roles and responsibilities: A cybersecurity consultant works to protect the data. The role requires the person to develop security strategies based on the client’s activity. In addition to protecting network infrastructure, data and IT systems, a consultant should perform routine threat analysis, security testing, update cybersecurity validation procedures, manage meetings with others. IT departments, estimate costs and categorize integration issues for IT teams, create technical reports, and guide IT, teams, through it.
Average salary (Per Year): – US $ 85,505
- Ability to understand the overall security / threat landscape and propose solutions to mitigate the risks of this environment
- A good understanding of the architecture of the IT infrastructure
- Security certifications such as CISA, CISM, CISSP and CGEIT
- Experience in advising clients on architectures meeting industry standards such as PCI DSS, ISO 27001, HIPAA, GDPR
- Experience working with firewalls, load balancers, proxies, VPNs, AV endpoint security tools, IPS, SSL inspection, SIEM or security monitoring platforms
- Strong knowledge of OSI Layer 7 model, network architecture and network topology.
The 3 best online courses:
CISSP – Certified Information Systems Security Professional by Simplilearn
CISSP certification training develops expertise in defining IT architecture and in designing, building and maintaining a secure business environment using globally approved information security standards. The CISSP training covers industry best practices and prepares you for the CISSP Certification Exam hosted by (ISC) Â².
Cyber ââSecurity Essentials – University of Washington by Edx
This course will teach you all roles and sectors of the cybersecurity industry, explain the relationship between management and technology in protecting cybersecurity, help you identify types of security controls and actions, apply terminology and the basic concepts of cybersecurity and build a career path in this industry.
Main institutes offering the program:
- Master of Science in Cyber ââSecurity at George Washington University – School of Engineering and Applied Science
- Cybersecurity and Privacy at the New Jersey Institute of Technology
- BSc Cybersecurity at International University of Applied Sciences
The best recruiters for this position:
Factset: FactSet is an American financial data and software company that provides integrated data and software, as well as customer support and implementation services for learning, business advice, data delivery, and more.
Siemens Energy: a member of the German industrial conglomerate, Siemens Energy operates in the sectors of electricity production, renewable energies, transmission and services.
Blackbaud: Blackbaud is a cloud computing provider serving nonprofits, foundations, corporations, educational institutions, healthcare organizations, and individual agents.
Forrester: Forrester is a research and consulting firm that helps business and technology leaders use customer obsession to accelerate their growth by putting their customers at the center of their leadership, strategy and operations.
Accenture: Accenture is a multinational company providing consulting and professional services. Its current clients include 91 of the Fortune Global 100 and more than three-quarters of the Fortune Global 500.
Share this article
About the Author
More info about the author