Latest jobs – Senior Energy/Net Zero Consultant – Energize
Consulting firm Net Zero Energize is looking to expand its team and is looking to hire someone who can not only do “the job,” but who challenges it and then seeks to improve it.
Energize is currently looking for a Senior Energy/Net Zero Consultant join a growing team. To be successful in the role, you will need to work efficiently, have good communication and problem-solving skills, and the ability to work with complex software while seeing the big picture.
- able to build good relationships based on trust, respect and vulnerability?
- a natural problem solver and solution seeker?
- autonomous and able to show initiative?
- Passionate about sustainability and excited about what we do and how you could contribute?
- effective in your schedule?
- friendly and approachable?
- committed to personal growth and professional development?
- ready to cause some good trouble?
If you answered yes to all of the above, then read on…
As a Senior Energy/Net Zero Consultant, you will be part of the team that provides sustainable, high quality advice to our clients on energy by engaging on all of our client’s emissions. This role will support our customers on their journey to Net Zero by providing them with a better understanding of how their energy consumption in their portfolio plays a role in their overall Net Zero journey. You will assist our clients with energy compliance, building surveys and broader energy and carbon reductions.
As part of this role, you will be required to:
- Contribute to the creation of clients’ Net Zero strategy and carbon management plans through the construction of scenario models and associated strategic outcomes
- Manage a portfolio of clients through a variety of reporting systems including ESOS, SECR and ISO50001
- Undertake complex building, process and fleet surveys to identify energy and carbon reduction opportunities
- Create building models to generate energy balances using RETScreen (training to be provided)
- Write detailed recommendation reports and present opportunities to the client in a way that inspires them to act on their path to Net Zero
- Support our customers to obtain and maintain relevant ISO certifications (e.g. ISO50001)
- Research new technologies and methods to influence the continuous improvement of our service delivery
- Contribute to the creation and review of technical briefings and external communication
- Liaise with and attend client/stakeholder meetings, and contribute to and deliver presentations independently at all seniority levels, leading client workshops as needed
- Manage your projects, ensuring work is actually delivered on time, on time, on budget in a way that impresses the client
- Act as a catalyst for change and support our ambition to help 1 in 100 people go Net Zero, by being curious, focused and innovative
- Identify unnecessary practices to improve the overall performance of our clients’ buildings and assets through reports and surveys
- Accompany our clients on engagement and behavior change actions to reach Net Zero
- Use internal software platforms (i.e. Net Zero Hub) to support the overall management of our clients’ energy projects
- Use data analytics to generate exception reports, waste reports, and track and target customer data.
- Lead, or support as needed, the technical selection of projects to ensure proactive management of projects and resources
- Contribute to the achievement of our internal initiatives in favor of growth, sustainability, culture, knowledge sharing and company objectives
Experience & Qualifications required
- Diploma or equivalent in a related field or adequate experience in the sector
- Four years of experience in a carbon-related role
- ESOS Lead Assessor (or adequate experience to qualify)
- ISO50000 series standards (e.g. ISO50001, ISO50006, ISO50015)
- Energy surveys (manufacturing, process and/or transportation)
- Energy surveys (non-manufacturing – energy in buildings)
- Experience in energy compliance (including ISO50001, ESOS)
- Monitoring and targeting (including regression analysis and CUSUM)
- Employee behavior change programs
- High level of numeracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Carbon footprint
- ESG advice
- Development and execution of the Net Zero strategy
- Carbon Disclosure Schemes (including CDP/TCFD)
- Supply Chain Engagement
- Climate change risk and opportunity assessments
- Renewable feasibility studies
- Using RETScreen
- Excellent communication skills that allow you to build relationships that educate, engage and inspire people to action
- Passionate, positive, and creative thinker who can think outside the box to solve complex, bespoke challenges for our clients
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize competing demands
- Enjoy being positively challenged and positively challenging others to continuously improve
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team environment and independently
- Excited about the rapid change and development in the industry and fully agree with the scientific conclusions of the UN IPCC.
Skills you will gain
- Multi-sector exposure to strategy and business management
- A developed understanding of the risks and opportunities related to climate change adaptation in the built environment
- Opportunities to develop a knowledge base from a focus on energy to a broader focus on carbon and sustainability
- The ability to develop customer relationship management, influencing and leadership skills
- Ongoing development of complex technical, surveying and reporting skills
- The opportunity for continuous personal and professional development
- Mentoring skills
This is an assistant level role, and the career path is an indication of the progressive steps that can be taken within Energize provided a role is available and the required skills are achieved.
- Senior Consultant
- Deputy Head of
- Boss of
- Salary £35,500-£43,800 per annum (depending on experience)
- Pension plan (5% contribution)
- Unlimited leave (minimum of 28 per year and 5 per quarter)
- Bonus scheme (linked to employee and company performance) up to 5% of base salary
- Additional benefit information is available on the Our Impact page
How to register
If you think this role is for you and you have the necessary experience, passion and enthusiasm, find out more by following this link and filling out an application according to the instructions on the portal.
The data will be anonymized before being submitted to the service for consideration of the role of reducing the risk of unintended discrimination.
Your deadline to apply is March 18.
Please do not call or email if you are a staffing agency.
Energize is committed to a policy of diversity, equity and inclusion in its recruitment process. We actively and consciously seek to recruit without prejudice on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic origin, gender, marital status, disability, creed (religious or otherwise), of that employee’s age or sexual orientation.