Latest Jobs – Senior Net Zero Consultant (Carbon Focused) – Energize
Consulting firm Net Zero Energize is looking to expand its team and is looking to hire someone who can not only do “the job,” but who challenges it and then seeks to improve it.
Energize is currently looking for a Net Zero Senior Consultant join a growing team. To be successful in the role, you will need to work efficiently, have good communication and problem-solving skills, and the ability to work with complex software while seeing the big picture.
- able to build good relationships based on trust, respect and vulnerability?
- a natural problem solver and solution seeker?
- autonomous and able to show initiative?
- Passionate about sustainability and excited about what we do and how you could contribute?
- effective in your schedule?
- friendly and approachable?
- committed to personal growth and professional development?
- ready to cause some good trouble?
If you answered yes to all of the above, then read on…
As a Senior Net Zero Consultant, you will be part of the team that provides high quality sustainable advice to our clients on energy and carbon reduction by engaging with our clients’ entire emissions. This role will support our clients on their journey to Net Zero by providing them with a better understanding of how to use carbon footprinting, scenario modeling and strategic planning to help achieve Net Zero. You will support our clients on carbon related compliance, supply chain engagement and broader carbon stakeholder interests.
As part of this role, you will be required to:
- Create our client’s Net Zero strategy and carbon management plans, including carbon budgets, carbon footprints and scenario models for a diverse portfolio of clients;
- Manage a portfolio of clients across a variety of reporting systems including SECR, TCFD, SBTi and CDP and support their internal development of Net Zero management systems;
- Lead supply chain engagement focusing on carbon reduction opportunities and reporting to client teams;
- Provide engagement support to our customers through carbon literacy training, workshops and engagement at all levels of our customers’ organizations and supply chain;
- Research new technologies and methods to influence the continuous improvement of our service delivery;
- Use internal software platforms (i.e. Net Zero Hub) to support the overall management of our clients’ Pathway to Net Zero project;
- Lead, or support as needed, the technical selection of projects to ensure proactive management of projects and resources;
- Contribute to the achievement of our internal initiatives in favor of growth, sustainability, culture, knowledge sharing and company objectives;
- Contribute to the creation and revision of technical briefings and external communication;
- Manage your projects, ensuring that the work is actually delivered on time, in full, within budget in a way that impresses the client;
- Act as a catalyst for change and support our ambition to support 1 in 100 people to go Net Zero, by being curious, focused and innovative;
Experience & Qualifications Required
- Diploma or equivalent in a related field or adequate experience in the sector
- Four years of experience in a carbon-related role
- Carbon footprint
- ESG advice
- Experience in carbon compliance (including SECR, ESOS and PAS2060)
- Supply Chain Engagement
- Monitoring and targeting (including data analysis and reporting)
- Employee behavior change programs
- Climate change risk and opportunity assessments
- High level of numeracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Development and execution of the Net Zero strategy
- Carbon Disclosure Schemes (including CDP/TCFD/SBTi)
- Life Cycle Carbon Analysis
- Renewable feasibility studies
- Carbon offset strategies
- Using RETScreen
- Excellent communication skills that allow you to build relationships that educate, engage and inspire people to action
- Passionate, positive, and creative thinker who can think outside the box to solve complex, bespoke challenges for our clients
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize competing demands
- Enjoy being positively challenged and positively challenging others to continuously improve
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team environment and independently
- Excited about the rapid changes and development in the industry and fully agree with the scientific findings of the UN IPCC
Skills you will gain
- Multi-sector exposure to strategy and business management
- A developed understanding of the risks and opportunities related to climate change adaptation in the built environment
- Opportunities to develop a knowledge base from a focus on energy to a broader focus on carbon and sustainability
- The ability to develop customer relationship management, influencing and leadership skills
- Ongoing development of complex technical, surveying and reporting skills
- The opportunity for continuous personal and professional development
- Mentoring skills
This is an assistant level role, and the career path is an indication of the progressive steps that can be taken within Energize provided a role is available and the required skills are met.
- Senior consultant
- Deputy Head of
- Boss of
- Salary from £32,125 to £37,800 (depending on experience)
- Pension plan (5% contribution)
- Unlimited leave (minimum of 28 per year and 5 per quarter)
- Bonus scheme (linked to employee and company performance) up to 5% of base salary
- Additional benefit information is available on the Our Impact page
How to register
If you think this position is for you and you have the necessary experience, passion and enthusiasm, find out more by following this link and filling out an application according to the instructions on the portal.
Your deadline to apply is March 18.
Please do not call or email if you are a staffing agency.
Energize is committed to a policy of diversity, equity and inclusion in its recruitment process. We actively and consciously seek to recruit without prejudice on the basis of race, color, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, marital status, disability, creed (religious or otherwise), of that employee’s age or sexual orientation.