Multimedia consultant (08/16/22) | WDRB Jobs
WDRB Media is looking for a Media Consultant who will be responsible for selling new business and partnering with a Media Coordinator to service existing business.
Why WDRB is the best place to work:
- Low-cost family health benefits including health, dental and vision care
- Company-paid health savings account
- Life insurance paid at 100%, short and long term disability
- Incredible 6% employer 401K match
- Competitive paid time off
- YMCA Membership
- Learning and growth opportunities
- Collaborative team with a strong values-based culture
- Learn from the best talents in the industry
What will you do:
- Represents the station to its customers in a professional manner while displaying a positive attitude towards the station and its employees at all times.
- Negotiates television and digital buys with advertisers and agency representatives.
- Performs analyzes of customer needs and proposes marketing and advertising campaigns to meet those needs.
- Prospects and sells special projects to new and existing clients.
- Builds relationships with clients at the agency and advertiser level.
- Writes and/or obtains statistical, narrative and/or other reports, as requested.
- Maintains daily activity data in Efficio.
- Enter customer orders and work with the Media Coordinator to manage revisions, manufacture merchandise and other order related responsibilities.
- Schedule and facilitate daily face-to-face meetings with customers and potential customers outside the resort
- Promotes and fully implements our team structure.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with other team members when generating revenue for the station
- Takes initiative to acquaint customers with key station personnel including Local Sales Manager, SVP Sales, Corporate Digital Sales Manager and President/General Manager.
- Monitors competition and keeps abreast of assigned account activity at all times.
- Communicates daily with LSM, VP DOS and Media Coordinator regarding status of account activity.
- Achieve and exceed individual sales targets, in support of the achievement of station and market goals and initiatives.
- Participate in training to enhance professional skills and overall understanding of new and evolving media
- Daily attendance and punctuality required.
What you will bring:
- A competitive nature and an unwillingness to settle or quit.
- Thorough knowledge of Nielsen ratings uses and methodology.
- Energetic self-starter; Proven experience in selling new business.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including superior listening skills and the ability to deliver effective presentations both one-on-one and in groups
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Superior organizational and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop and maintain strong business relationships
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent education and experience
Live: Minimum 4 years of successful experience in sales and marketing; preferred broadcast sales and digital experience
- Excellent working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Excel skills required; proficiency in Word and PowerPoint preferred)
- Knowledge of preferred sales software such as Efficio, WideOrbit, One Domain, Media Audit and CMR
- Familiarity with Microsoft 365 TEAMS and other Microsoft applications
WDRB is an equal opportunity employer.
LINK TO APPLY