Pre-Sales Technical Consultant – Refresh Miami
Do you love authentication products, technologies and standards as much as we do? Do you enjoy researching, understanding and communicating IT security and data protection industry regulations? Do standards-based APIs like OpenID Connect, Oauth, and SCIM/Restful get you out of bed in the morning? If so, we want to hear from you!
Who are we?
HID Global powers the trusted identities of people, places, and things around the world, enabling people to transact securely, work productively, and travel freely. We are a high-tech software company based in Austin, TX with over 4,000 employees worldwide.
Join HID Pre-Sales Team:
The Pre-Sales Group provides technical expertise to help Account Managers, Inside Sales and Channel Partners close deals with current and potential customers. This involves managing technical relationships, regular conference calls, meetings, presentations, providing technical information for tenders, market information and contributing to internal technical discussions, external events and discussion forums. There is also an important element that provides technical leadership, market intelligence and strategic direction to our internal and external activities.
As a Pre-Sales Technical Consultant, you will contribute to HID’s success by:
- Demonstrate how HID products can help our potential customers
- Gather market feedback regarding product requirements and market insights and field competition news, and report to PM/solution marketing team in a reasoned and fruitful manner
- Educate customers on HID related products, solutions and technologies in the context of consumer authentication
- Follow market trends in information security and identity and access management while contributing to continuous innovation and improvement
- Presentation of HID and the HID portfolio at events, conferences and fairs
- Provide technical responses to Requests for Information (RFIs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- Work collaboratively with potential customers to define and agree on the scope and success criteria of the proof of concept and to help them position HID products and solutions
What we’ll like about your journey:
- A good understanding of at least two of the following: FIDO, PKI, OAUTH, OATH, OpenID Connect, TLS
- An understanding of at least one cloud service provider
- Understanding of software development life cycle and methodologies
- Excellent Windows Server and Linux skills (preferably RedHat, CentOS or Ubuntu)
Your experience and training includes:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent education, plus relevant work experience
- At least five years of experience in IT security, specifically within financial services or at least three years of experience in a technical pre-sales function
- CISSP Certification
- Industry standard IT and security industry certifications
- Fluency in English and Spanish
Who are you as a team member:
- You respond quickly to requests from customers and partners with accurate information and advice.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English and Spanish.
- You possess the confidence and technical prowess to represent HID Global as a subject matter expert on products and solutions.
- You know how to target the right conversation to the right person(s) in the customer’s organization at the right time in the sales cycle.
- You are able to travel extensively and work remotely while on the go.
- Empowerment: You will work as part of a global team in a flexible working environment, learning and improving your expertise.
- Innovation: You like challenges and want to lead ambitious changes.
- Integrity: You are results-oriented, dependable and straightforward and appreciate being treated accordingly.
HID Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.