Project Management Consultant – Temporary Full Time
The Project Management Consultant will provide tools, guidance and training to support active project work within the Sault Area Hospital. This may include coordinating the efforts of IT and business/operations users, and third-party contractors or consultants to help business owners develop project documents.
1. Overall project management of assigned projects.
2. Provide updates and recommendations to the project team, including identifying risks and providing mitigation strategies.
3. Provide guidance to project owners and team to apply project management best practices.
4. Provide feedback and guidance to ensure best practices are applied to the project. Includes assisting in the development of detailed business cases and project plans identifying responsibilities, scope, budget, resource requirements, timelines and risks to project success.
5. Use SAH project management principles and processes.
6. In support of the Project Owners, the Project Owner Consultant:
a. Ensures clear and unambiguous definitions of project scope, objectives, deliverables and success criteria.
b. Develops and maintains project plans with defined tasks and resource requirements.
vs. Adheres to project budget, resource allocation, costs and deadlines.
D. Works with the various team leads (e.g. to confirm customization requirements, oversee development, coordinate testing, manage deployment).
e. Performs and coordinates process and workflow analysis with staff as required.
F. Effectively communicates project expectations to team members and stakeholders.
g. Liaises with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis, including reporting on project progress.
h. Based on stakeholder feedback, drafts budget proposals and recommends subsequent budget changes if necessary
I. As needed and in partnership with project stakeholders, negotiate with other department heads for the acquisition of required personnel within the organization.
d. Coordinates the duties and responsibilities of appropriate personnel.
k. Identifies and resolves issues and conflicts with the project team.
I. Proactively manages changes in project scope using a change management process, identifies potential crises and develops contingency plans for assigned projects.
M. Identifies and manages project dependencies and critical path.
nm Prepares reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
y. Leads project lessons learned sessions and creates a recommendation for continuous improvement.
7. Act as a role model and champion for continuous improvement by coaching and supporting project team members and employees to effectively communicate changes.
8. Other assigned tasks
• University or college diploma in a related discipline
• 3+ years of project management experience
SKILLS, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Experience presenting updates and recommendations to the management team
• Demonstrated experience leading the development of project management principles and processes
• Business consulting skills
• Experience working both independently and in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
• Can comply with changing priorities, demands and deadlines through analytical and problem solving skills
• Responds to project adjustments and changes quickly and efficiently
• Ability to read the communication styles of team members and vendors who come from a wide range of disciplines
• Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources including management, department employees and vendors
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and change management skills
• Lean Six Sigma experience and knowledge is an asset
• Excellent knowledge of various software, including: Microsoft Word, MS Project, Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point
Note: Due to the changing nature of the job and the work to be performed, other responsibilities and duties may be assigned and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time. Only those selected for testing/interviews will be contacted
The Sault Area Hospital is a respectful, caring and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity, equal opportunity and maintaining a barrier-free selection process for candidates. Accommodation requests can be made at any stage of the recruitment process provided the candidate has met the requirements of the vacancy. Applicants should make their requirements known to the Human Resources department when contacted. All inquiries are treated confidentially.