Research assistant for scientific workflows and software services employment with TECHNISCHE UNIVERSITAT DRESDEN (TU DRESDEN)
In the coming years, the National Research Data Infrastructure (NFDI) will be established in Germany to provide long-term services for the management and analysis of research data for research. the High Performance Computing and Information Services Center at TU Dresden is a partner in consortia “Earth System Sciences of the NFDI Consortium” and “Text + – Linguistic and Textual Research Data Infrastructure“, who are building data infrastructures for Earth System Sciences and Humanities across Germany. We are offering a
Research Assistant for Scientific Workflows and Software Services (m / f / x)
(subject to personal qualification, employees are paid according to the salary group E 13 TV-L)
departure as soon as possible. The position is limited until September 30, 2026. The employment period is governed by the Law on Fixed-Term Research Contracts (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz – WissZeitVG). The position offers the possibility of obtaining an additional university degree (for example, a doctorate). Reconciling family and career is an important issue. The position is generally suitable for applicants looking for a part-time job. Please indicate your request in your application.
You will have the opportunity to help establish research services in a national virtual infrastructure. The position is reinforced by an interdisciplinary team working on different areas such as data management, data quality or machine learning.
- scientific research activities for the development of research data infrastructures throughout Germany
- analysis of the needs of scientific services and workflows in close interdisciplinary collaboration with researchers
- design, implementation, evaluation and operation of software architectures, workflows and services for research data infrastructures
- planning and implementation of training and education for developed services
- documentation and publication of project results
- university degree in computer science or a comparable degree in engineering or natural sciences
- out of the box programming skills (eg Python, C ++);
- pleasure of communicating and interacting with other scientists
- high degree of independence, commitment, flexibility and team spirit
- experience in data management and virtualization is desirable
- very good command of English
Working at ZIH offers you creative scientific work with international experts on topics of the future, cutting-edge IT infrastructure optimized for data analysis and machine learning, flexible working hours and a family-friendly working environment. You will live in a city of science and culture surrounded by a unique landscape.
Applications from women are particularly welcome. The same goes for people with disabilities.
Please submit your complete application including the usual documents with the Task ID “NFDI4Earth / Text +” up to February 1, 2022 (date of arrival stamped by the central postal service of the university applies), preferably via the TU Dresden SecureMail Portal https://securemail.tu-dresden.de by sending it as a single pdf document to [email protected] or by post to: TU Dresden, Zentrum fÃ¼r Informationsdienste und Hochleistungsrechnen (ZIH), Herrn Prof. Dr. Wolfgang E. Nagel, Helmholtzstr. 10, 01069 Dresden. Please only submit copies, as your application will not be returned to you. Expenses incurred to attend interviews cannot be reimbursed.
Please find the German version under: https://tu-dresden.de/stellenausschreibung/9094
Data protection reference: Your data protection rights, the purpose for which your data will be processed, as well as further information on data protection can be found on the website: https://tu-dresden.de/karriere/datenschutzhinweis